Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Greedy or Needy?

I need to be surrounded by beautiful things in my life. Spring will be a great start out here but I need exposure to beautiful art and listen to more of even my current collection of beautiful music. It is so damn inspiring when surrounded by those things. Going to (good) museums, reading beautifully crafted books (yeah, it's dorky that I like old books, deal with it), hearing harmonies and gorgeous sweeping key changes, and just being in 'green pastures' would be fantastic. And expressing that more accurately would be very much desired as well.

Or do I just need to be happier with the little things around me?

I don't think I need to be surrounded by physically beautiful people, though I do need more emotionally beautiful ones in my physical interactions(and that is a really warm and comforting thought---emotionally beautiful people). But I do have some wonderful books at my disposal, I can use the internet to see many beautiful works of art if not in person and can listen to more of the aforementioned music. Beyond that should I be more content/inspired/heartened by the smaller beauties that must exist in my current everyday life? Part of me feels that would selling life short or settling for a muted version of what exists. Not sure if that's a spoiled-brat part of me or a vital, struggling-for-inspiration and beauty part that should be heeded. Grrr...

1 comment:

Surei said...

As always, just my opinion but...
I think you should give up shoulds! Why are you worrying about what you *should* do? I find it hard enough to figure out what I want and actually do it, much less worry about what I *should* do/want/need :P

And I don't think wanting more precludes appreciating what you *do* have. Most times I wish I lived in the middle of gorgeous green forest.. doesn't mean I don't appreciate the park when I go to it!

<3