Monday, March 3, 2008

It has begun!....almost....

Today was supposed to be my first weekday of glorious lack of employment. A roadblock popped up when my coworker decided to wait until the absolute last minute to get me a write-up to be added to my final project. Forget the details, I will be working from home for a day or two longer to wrap things up but am MOSTLY free.

I began day one of 'get myself in healthier shape' and just the beginning was tough as I expected. Even just doing a few sets of free-weights (something I used to do regularly and with ease, not to mention 5 more pounds per weight, a few years ago) is draining. But when I still have a really hard time looking at myself in the mirror I know the battle will be uphill and am committed to using this new free time to eating better and keeping active. I want to gain back at least 20 of the 30+lbs I lost. Plus the increased blood-flow due to working out gets me amped up to work on the logistics of future circus and fire arts performance and improving my own limited skills. Huzzah! Ok, time for some food and hopefully some brainstorming before more exercise.

No comments: