Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year

So I have this feeling that if there were some 'blog counter' out there it would show unequivocally that January 1st and 2nd is the two-day most blogged-on period in the year. All that resolution and reflection stuff, ya know? And you throw in the 2nd to account for those who party too hard on the 31st and then don't remember those resolutions until the 2nd :)

Well this is my home-stretch of sorts this year. A Different Spin gets one last solid hurrah before I decide to put this passion and goal on the back-burner while pursuing some other career. We had an overly-long meeting yesterday which kinda set the 'wake-up and do it, punk' tone for us (it was overly-long due to my misinterpretations and self-defensive nature to not enter into a venture that could let me down out of nowhere) and laid out a few deadlines to get stuff done so we will see what happens by the end of the month. We've cleared out some of living room to make it juggle-able and a couple of us are heading to the nearby YMCA shortly to see if we have a nice large neighborless practice space to really kick it into hardcore practice mode. A circus arts video and a *complete* website overhaul are to be done by the 11th of January so that is check-in #1.

I'm anxious and need to do some personal reflection to make sure I am in the right mindframe to let this be my 'last shot' at a circus and fire arts career so I should be blogging quite a bit in this regard :) I plan on taking time to reflect substantially every day on how am I personally doing (physical and mental health, reflect on ADS progress, etc) and will post at least once a week as to how life is going. Who knows, maybe I'll become all 'into' the sharing thing and post more often than that about how pissy/excited/scared I am.

Here's to a new year and I hope much success. At the least I am determined to learn.

No comments: