Thursday, January 29, 2009

Total shift

So I finally received info on the manuals I am supposed to write for Torr, Inc. About three weeks late which means the work they want done is also three weeks more pressing. That + APCA Conference prep means I'm gonna be a busy mofo. We got our bio, showcase intro and headshot into the APCA and Ricky is almost done with our full-page ad for their website which leaves us mainly with the tall task of getting 15 minutes of pure awesome choreographed and pretty much 'perfect' for performance. Oh, right, I also am trying to find the cheapest way to make A Different Spin an LLC (a way that does NOT involve $280/hr legal fees and a $2,000 retainer). I'll be sure to update as progress is made...

2 comments:

Danny Taft said...

Dude, I've never used it and can't suggest it beyond knowing the name, but you should check out legalzoom.com. I'm pretty sure they specialize in making corporations in a simple way.

Mooch said...

Yeah, they make the process nice and easy and it *would* be cheaper than hiring an attorney, but the state registration fees are still $500+ there are a whole bunch of forms to take care of and fees to pay DURING THE YEAR in addition...I'm just bitching. We mainly need a Federal Tax ID number more than anything as the liability protection is not a real issue for us. And, of course, this *is* an investment in something I want to make happen so long story short I should suck it up and cough up more money...