Friday, February 15, 2008

Hello, World!

I think that title was some sort of funny Computer Science joke but I'm so far removed from my days learning how to program that I can't be too sure...ah well. (and by World I mean all 3 of you reading this...then again, tis my first so maybe I'll get a whole SIX to see this one!)

Herro, World! So this is my first post on my first blog on my first day of setting myself on a path to greatness! At least I hope it shall be great. Grand would be perfectly acceptable as well.

Bah, I'm sure you're at least mildly curious and wish to know why I called you here to waste a few precious internet-based-procrastination minutes. So I will cut to the chase...I need some accountability in my life. And the internet is a sure-fire way to get people to kick my ass. Ok, no, that really doesn't sound like particularly...well, sound, reasoning but I think it is. As a good friend once told me "Blogs are peoples' way of getting up on the metaphorical table of the internet and yelling 'Look at me!'" So though I am not artistically inclined I hope to create something useful every day or so for others to see and judge. Ooh, that's right, you can JUDGE me. And I won't be able to say "well, my cartoon/poem/flash animation is subject to a certain aesthetic" (not that those endeavors are not just as valid and substantial). You can call me a flat-out crazy mofo. I mean, I did just quit a perfectly good job to see if I can make the dream of circus and fire arts performance a reality. Oh yes, I did just throw in that little bit of juicy info about what this blog may end up being about...

4 comments:

Nick said...

Welcome to the sphere, buddy. Show us something creative already!

Unknown said...

good writing. good enough to eat! good enough to think upon, good enough to mark for stumbleupon!

Surei said...

As I remember it, getting the computer to display "Hello World!" was one of the first things many people are taught.. but maybe there was a joke I'm unaware of.

susie said...

Hi Mooch. I like what you write